Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Leaving the City 28th Feb 2012

Well last night in the city!  I thought Tasha and I would be quite morose but were not, the aparment has been amazing but we feel like battery hens now and are looking forward to getting to the house.

First new is that Mike made it back, Christ that was a really weird week. Mike got detained by immigration for 2 hours trying to get back in and ONLY at this point did it occur to him he might not make it!! The paperwork was not filled in correctly. Thank god this is Canada and not USA otherwise he would have just been shipped back on the next plane no questions asked!!! 
During the week he was away, Tasha and I didn't hang about. We went to the Avena Hair school and had a fab old time, with head massages and different oils with eventually a wash cut and blow dry. Then we went to see War Horse and took Nancy who is Mikes work colleague. She is really nice and we had such a lovely evening. Before I digress with the remaining part of the story, I need to precede it with Mike advising me Canadian drivers are really c-r-a-p. I think he clearly underestimated the entire situation!!  First of all the car could not be found, now this is not like my sister or myself loosing the car you understand, this is SERIOUS loosing of the car, Tasha and I blindly follow not saying anything, wondering if we will ever come out alive as did strangely enough another completely bewildered older Canadian couple. It would seem as though you can park a car, but the reality of retrieving it ever are slim to none!  Maybe this is why the restaurants encourage free parking its because they can sell off the cars at the end of the night :), anyhow I digress. Car is eventually found, if I'd known what was to come I would have happily looked for it all night long!  Anyhow, lovely Nancy insists of giving us a lift home,  so we're in the car when I see a car not slowing at all and headed directly towards my door! I try to alert Nancy by screaming at the top of my lungs NANCY>>>CAR!!!! at which point Nancy advies very calmly to Tasha and I that she has ran a red light an is always doing it! The stupefying look on the other drivers face means that he too is caught in a headlight moment and cant move/slow down either. My innards turn to liquid and I make a silent prayer to God for making wear black trousers!!! More is to come.... Nancy proceeds to  Larkeshore which Tasha and I feel is at least in the right direction and hey its away from the city so how bad can it be?? After much pleading from the once silent Tasha that we actually do live in an apartment right on the harbour, Nancy makes a right and drops us half way UP the slip road entrance to one of Canada's biggest motorways!!! I still wake now with thoughts of a huge truck turning right and crashing into two woman walking back down the slope..............

Back to walking because the next day is snow, not snow like England where the entire country comes to a halt, this is snow where you can mislay your hand! This sort of snow produces a lot of noise from Mike,Tasha and I, but is brushed off by the Canadians as a small flurry!!! Tasha and I go see a Basketball game, we figure we will be okay as we know Netball. I tell you people GO its only $12 and it the best entertainment ever. Its not like seeing the Yankees when they stop play for an advert its as boring as bum, here the Raptors do stop but there is shows, games, rah rah girls in between. Tasha won a TShirt courtesy of my face! They catapult them into the audience, I was watching the Mexican wave at the time and it hit me side on in my face and Tasha caught it...shimples :)

After the other nights previous encounter it would be hard to see how I could ever take to the wheel, but take to it I did. I figured 'How bad can I be??' so we went well after everyone went to work and I drove to a Mall people!!! Its not nearly as bad as being a passenger as you constantly feel the steering wheel is missing, you just have to drive like Mr.Magoo this means doing your own thing without a care in the world for any other driver!!

I'm hoping Oakville will be a bit more calmer on this front. No Internet until March 3rd so Tasha will have to talk to me now....every cloud and all that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment