Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Family Visit April-May 2012

Firstly it is ages since i wrote an update on the my blog, the excuses are many I'm afraid and once you are out of the habit it would seem any excuse is a good one not to write.

Therefore my first excuse for May was that my beloved family visited!!  Much joy from our camp as we had been waiting for this visit for a very long time. Rich,Sam,Layla& Harvey all made the flight across which for Sam&Rich must have been a terrible ordeal wit 2 under 2, can you imagine?  No? well neither can I and it turned out to be much worse that I could even imagine. So on a rainy April the 30th Mike comes home from work and we wait and wait for Tasha so that we could get to the airport, she was late from work because there was one of the biggest crashes in the QEW403 history and her replacement could not get to work. I was in Defcon1 panic stage, which I frequently am, but this time it was real. In all honesty we should have just simply gone to get Sam and to this day I do not know why I didn't just do that. However we set off it takes forever and looks like the end of the world has happened but because its on the other side of the motorway we do move albeit slowly. The end result is we are 10 minutes late to meet Sam, we of course could have had no clue that she was rushed through customs due to severely screaming children :( We then drive the 2 cars home Mike takes Rich and I take everyone else. The roads were totally jammed never before or since this day have I ever seen anything like it. It took us 3 hours to get home and poor Sam had reached the end poor thing.
On the plus side Layla LOVES her little sleeping beauty bed and the fact that she's in with Auntie Tasha is a massive bonus. During their time here we mainly did child friendly things like a huge indoor adventure playground, but Sam&Rich also had babysitters on hand to be able to see the CN Tower, Stay in a lovely hotel at Niagara Falls, Meals out so it all worked out really well. I of course got to see Layla and Harvey each day which was a total joy, they are hilarious together and got up to all sorts of things, one memorable one was Sudo-gate.....

Sudo-Gate.. Rich knows that its now v-e-r-y quiet in Tasha's room never a good sign so he thought he would check to see if Layla was asleep. He was met with an all white Layla who had discovered a pot of Sudocream which she proceeded to plaster everywhere, honest to god it looked like Marshmallow land. Rich drops to his knees and cried Oh Layla what have you done? whereby Layla gives him a reassuring if somewhat sticky pat on the shoulder as he is frantically trying to clear up. Unfortunately she has been so studious it was everywhere even Tasha's glasses copped it, it took hours to clear it all up.

Too be honest there were so many things, that I now realise we have entered the world of videoing everything as we will all soon forget. Harvey is a total joy it doesn't matter what you do, you are met with an enormous gummy dribbly grin everyones a winner!!!

Work Burger was a big success and 2 jugs of beer later I pick up the drunkies, they got a wonderful hire car that looked a bit like a Bentley it was enormous and Rich was thrilled to bits with it, I think they should have had it all the time really. Mike and I took them to see a Blue Jays game and Tasha babysat, we looked like an All-American family with baseball hats and beers so good times peeps

Then the awful day came when they had to go home :( that's all I'm gonna say bout that

No comments:

Post a Comment